Calin Dan on Wed, 19 May 2010 17:20:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> "Critical strategies in art and media" gets it wrong

Currently I have no means to assess Michael's judgment with respect
to the publication itself (as its actual content eluded my quick web
search).

But I am going to save the final comment as an accurate, up to date,
schematic description of what visual arts aspired (and largely
managed) to become in the last two decades, when conceptual richness
was traded for mock ups of a flurry of activities belonging actually
to other disciplines, y compris commercial ones.

All that in the name of multi-disciplinarity, cross-media, and
eventually, of the long-praised relational art.