lagadu on Mon, 3 May 2010 22:58:53 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> .another internet is possible!_

As "another internet possible" watabout seriously thinking of
downsizing our web activities ?

Another internet could be a sporadic, or a low-fat one. And should i
say a "low-waste" one .

I think luddism needsto be actualised at the age of internet and now
at the Facebook age, and we need have come to a point where it becomes
an emergency. A baseline. We need not be trapped and hooked again and
again by a network that is so adaptive that sometimes we forget where
we come from, or for some others they dont' know enough (situationnist
culture to make it short). And we all know why and how we submit
ourselves to beeing hooked and addicted : professional necessity and
ego - the vain "15 minutes glory".

I would like me and others to be able to claim the right to turn down
all of these machines (net + any communcation tools), and no be traced
whenever we decide it. Which is not granted... as long as we still
have electricity and batteries ;-)

Maybe I'm out of topic , or this has already been said, and said, and
said again, but it sounded important to me to write it here. We have
antennas and aerials as one said (f..ing craft disease), and we can
and have to communicate differently.

cheers to all and a special hug to the ones I know :-))

chris