dr.woooo on Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:23:43 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Fwd: Virtual Participation / Live Notes From Bolivia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ben <ben@riseup.net>
Date: Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 4:58 AM
Subject: [climate09-int] Virtual Participation / Live Notes From Bolivia
To: Climate Justice Action Int lista <climate09-int@lists.riseup.net>,
cc-international@lists.riseup.net

Hi all,

There's some interesting progress on the idea of providing some kind
of live notes from Bolivia and perhaps some form of two way
communication. It appears it's definitely going to be happening in
some form. There's a guy in Argentina on the case and somebody already
on the ground in Cochabamba who has some kind of funding. Additionally
the conference organisers have made some mention of wanting to
facilitate some kind of virtual participation although I've not
managed to get any kind of reply to my enquires about what this might
consist of.

Also, I've checked with the main telecoms company in Bolivia they
rolled out 3G provision in some areas including Cochabamba which is
great news. I've not yet been able to confirm whether the conference
venues themselves are located within range of a 3G mast but it's
looking pretty hopeful. That means it's likely that proper live
coverage of some kind will be possible, perhaps even including audio
streams or occasional video.

Anyway, since it sounds like there is interest and people prepared to
make it happen, it would be good to get some sense of who would make
use of it and what they'd want from it in order that those trying to
make it happen have something specific to aim at rather than fairly
vague ideas of what might be possible. Please get back to me if you
are not planning on attending but would like to be able to engage
remotely and let me know if you have any idea of what form you think
would be useful to you.

There is a mailing list set up for this also if you want more ongoing
input into the idea.

Ben

-.-.- Climate Justice Action Network International Coordination List -.-.
POST TO LIST: climate09-int@lists.riseup.net
LISTKEEPERS:  climate09-int-editor@lists.riseup.net

--
the ankle bone, connected to the thigh bone ;)

http://del.icio.us/dr.woooo

http://www.aut-op-sy.org
http://narconews.com
http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~archive/chiapas95/