jamie king on Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:25:46 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> fun with ACTA astrohoovering (was Re: Internet for Democracy. Shut down the Euro Parliament. Now!)

... or it could an arrrrrrt project :)

Just saying... being a bit jealous of Ted's sleuthing (seriously, why
do I never think of doing things like this instead of -- for example
-- getting worked up over Facebook 'status'* updates?) I thought I'd
have a trawl through my inbox for instances of 'notworking', just in
case it had encountered the device in other contexts.

Only two such contexts resulted. One is really more of an academic
pun and I won't bother you with it. The other turned out to be more
apropos and it's reproduced below, with header intact.

I also appended the artist's bio, received in another mail a while
back, because it seemed pertinent. The "concerns" and "themes" are
just too closely matched, I thought, to our putative astrohoovering
project Interest piqued, I even compared the whois on the artist's
site in-vacua.com with those presented by Ted. But Drat! Nothing
doing!

.... But the fact is that you only need to load this putative petition
site 'RepetitionR; to see it's 'kindly supported by Arnolfini'
(Gallery)!

I _cannot believe_ you didn't notice that Ted! I out arrrrrrtist Wayne
Clements as the perpetrator of this fraud. I also call bullshit on
your rat-smelling and 'Demand' that you -- and probably all Nettime
Moderators -- are in on it!

All your arrrrrtists are in it together and you must be stopped. I
blame the gallery system, Say no to Arrrrrt.

Etc. etc.,