Tjebbe van Tijen on Thu, 4 Mar 2010 21:59:10 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Netherlands March 3, 2010 municipal elections: voting to loose your voice for 1500 days

http://limpingmessenger.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/netherlands-march-3-2010-municipal-elections-voting-to-loose-your-voice-for-1500-days/

Netherlands March 3, 2010 municipal elections: voting to loose your voice for 1500 days

March 3, 2010 by Tjebbe van Tijen

Voting day in the Netherlands?

I do not vote, even though I am not in principle against the
parliamentarian system (1500 days mandate without an option to recall or
correct the person/party I have mandated makes it not good enough a system
for me) So I do not delegate my power, still I am ready to influence
parliament or the local council. Flyers where dropping as late as this
morning in my letterbox of people asking my vote who I never heard of
before; so next time we may congregate via Facebook or other social media
to give some real meaning to democracy?. regularly over the whole period of
four years to have a real exchange of opinions, to give guts to the idea of
representation, instead of only mouthing the ?D? word during a few weeks
before elections. There is more potential for participating in government
in society than the casting of the traditional vote.

[image of poster with caption]

click web link to see it/read it.

Tjebbe van Tijen
Imaginary Museum Projects