Michael Wojcik on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:23:00 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Blues in the American salon: "Digital Nation": What has the Internet done to us?

Jon Lebkowsky wrote:

> Boredom is, inherently, boring.

I beg to differ. As, I suppose, do the authors of the following works:

Goodstein, _Experience Without Qualities: Boredom and Modernity_
(http://www.sup.org/book.cgi?id=1400)

Spacks, _Boredom: The Literary History of a State of Mind_
(http://www.amazon.com/Boredom-Literary-History-State-Mind/dp/0226768546)

Svendsen, _A Philosophy of Boredom_
(http://www.press.uchicago.edu/presssite/metadata.epl?isbn=9781861892171)

Pezze et al, eds, _Essays on Boredom and Modernity_
(http://www.amazon.com/Essays-Boredom-Modernity-Critical-Studies/dp/9042025662/ref=sr_1_1)

I recently picked up this last from the library; it looks quite
promising. It caught my eye because I'm presenting on the boring uses
of information technology (ie, nearly all of them) at Computers &
Writing this year.

--
Michael Wojcik
Micro Focus