Dedalus on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:42:17 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook demands Cease & Desist for the "Web 2.0 Suicide Machine"

The point is that it is not the software (Suicide Machine or Seppukoo)
which is infringing their Terms of Use but the facebook user himself.
The Facebook Terms of Use (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php) applies
to the user and not to third parties, because it is the user who
agrees the Terms of Use subscribiung to facebook. Then there are some
contradictions between 2 paragraphs in the TOS:

At point 2 (Sharing Your Content and Information) we can read: "You
own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you
can control how it is shared through your privacy and application
settings"; Then at point 4.6 there is written: "You will not share
your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything
else that might jeopardize the security of your account. ";

So paradoxically Facebook should send a letter to each user who has
commited virtual suicide. But it is quite obvious that facebook won't
risk to loose any other user datas, and they use this clause whatever
they like.

Peace,
Les Liens Invisibles

--
"Ci sono cretini che hanno visto la Madonna e ci sono cretini che non
hanno visto la Madonna.

email: dedalus at autistici.org
http://www.alterazione.net

about my artivity: