Florian Cramer on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:56:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook demands Cease & Desist for the "Web 2.0 Suicide Machine"

On Monday, January 11 2010, 17:51 (+0100), i.poppe@chello.nl wrote:

> I looked into both Suicidemachines - and they seem quite simular
> (except that the dutch webiste also includes Twitter, Hyves and
> LinkedIn) Can someone tell me what the difference is between both art
> projects?

The similarity is, to some degree, a coincidence since both projects
were in the making for a longer time. A beta version of the "Suicide
Machine" had been presented in WORM Rotterdam as early as fall 2008.
The Suicide Machine is a work of Piet Zwart Institute alumni based on
research and programming done for a graduation project in summer 2008,
with Sepp Pu Koo, there is a coincidental indirect social link between
Les Liens Invisibles and students currently studying at PZI.

Florian

--
blog:     http://en.pleintekst.nl
homepage: http://cramer.pleintekst.nl:70