frederic neyrat on Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:51:40 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> part 1: ecologies of self-display

1. Maybe there are different desires, not only one "behind" the others ;
2. "Immersion" (vs separation) is not only a desire but our
contemporary condition - of course we can argue that this condition is
the result of a productive desire, but it's not enough, the
"quasi-cause" comes back on the desire and changes the situation,
forces a shift in the desire agency;
3. and I guess we have to take into account the existing fear of
immersion AS the repulsive and final possible result of the desire ;
4. at last, to give up oneself with any kind of reliance / reliable
frame seems to me weird ...
5. so, why not and exposure and separation (= sustainable world,
sustainable erotics) ?

(excuse me for my bad english)

Frédéric Neyrat