Morlock Elloi on Sun, 11 Oct 2009 05:49:38 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Twitter revolutionaries, unmade in the USA

They were not caught because of scanners; they were either busted thanks to
twitter source tracing (or motel staff reporting CCC on their facilities -
but this would imply improbable competence of the police groundwork.)

Failing to separate in space and via secure links the radio pickup points
from the twitter packet injection points (which could happen in comfort in
Alaska or Bangalore, for example) is the gross incompetence/stupidity I was
referring to.

And this is the best illustration of governments winning the dumbification
campaign. The mere idea that sending twitter packets is any different from
firing "LOOK WE ARE HERE" flares is stupefying.