dr.woooo on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:51:01 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> NEW SERVER SPACE FOR AAAARG.ORG SOUGHT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: AAAARG <someone@aaaarg.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:01:03 UT
Subject: YESTERDAY
To: dr.woooo@gmail.com

9 texts shared and 3 discussions started yesterday

---

we interrupt this email for a question...
Our host has sent us a couple messages about hogging server resources.
This is entirely valid on their part because we have lately been
consuming about 10x the CPU and 5x the RAM of what is acceptable on a
shared server. (For the nerds: this is after doing some aggressive
caching which cut these numbers in half).

So the situation is that we pay $10/month right now, which is easy
enough. Our host wants us to cut back our consumption in the next few
weeks or go onto a dedicated server plan at the tune of $200/month
(which we can't afford).

We don't want to raise cash or anything like that - this project
hasn't generated any money and we're not about to start now! What
we're wondering: if there is someone out there who might have the
interest and resources to host AAAARG? We're looking for a stable
situation (no moving in 6 mon ths) to run Dada mail and Drupal. Please
respond only if you know what all this means and you're pretty
confident you can help out.

discussion here:
http://a.aaaarg.org/discussion/4126/aaaarg-might-need-move-maybe-you-can-help

---

"Being and Time"
by Martin Heidegger
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4118/being-and-time
Week 3 - BEING-IN-THE-WORLD AS BEING-WITH AND BEING-ONE'S-SELF. THE "THEY'·

"The Act of Study (printable)"
by Paulo Freire
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4121/act-study-printable
Printable article of purpose and techniques of study.

"Sources of the self: The making of the modern identity (pg. 1-24)"
by Charles Taylor
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4122/sources-self-making-modern-ide! ntity-pg-1-24
An introduction to the making of the self

"Introduction of the Big Other, Chapter 19 of Seminar II. ed. J.A.
Miller. W.W.Norton, 1991. pages 235-247."
by Jacques Lacan
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4123/introduction-big-other-chapter-19-seminar-ii-ed-ja-miller-wwnorton-1991-pages-235-247
A nice and witty introduction to the idea of big other - Lacan's most
famous concept

"An (Un)Likely Alliance: Thinking Environment(s) with Deleuze/Guattari"
by Bernd Herzogenrath
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4124/unlikely-alliance-thinking-environments-deleuzeguattari
Destiny is not inscribed in an infrastructure.

"Post-Panopticism"
by Roy Boyne
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4125/post-panopticism< /a>
exploration of the contemporary relevance of Foucault's Panopticon

"Ten Dreams of Technology"
by Steve Dietz
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4127/ten-dreams-technology
dreams of tech

"Composition as Explanation"
by Gertrude Stein
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4128/composition-explanation
"No one is ahead of his time--"

"accursed share - vol. 1"
by Georges Bataille
http://a.aaaarg.org/text/4129/accursed-share-vol-1
complete

-

"Here-ings: a Sonic Geohistory by Steve Peters"
http://a.aaaarg.org/discussion/4119/here-ings-sonic-geohistory-steve-peters
anyone have it perchance? the author has! offered to send me a copy,
but the sooner i can get it the better. thanks a million.

"And the One Doesn't Stir Without the Other-- Irigaray"
http://a.aaaarg.org/discussion/4120/and-one-doesnt-stir-without-other-irigaray
Does anyone have a copy of this, in English?

"AAAARG MIGHT NEED TO MOVE (MAYBE YOU CAN HELP)"

--

an RSS feed is here:
http://a.aaaarg.org/rss.xml

this is the email address that is subscribed:
dr.woooo@gmail.com

if you're still having trouble, then email someone@aaaarg.org

--
the ankle bone, connected to the thigh bone ;)

http://del.icio.us/dr.woooo

http://www.aut-op-sy.org
http://narconews.com
http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~archive/chiapas95/