Morlock Elloi on Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:19:43 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> FW: When technology is utilized against us.

At some point, in late 90s, there was a collective shift from privacy
to convenience.

Convenience of not having to understand how technology works,
convenience of being connected although slightly retarded, convenience
of free shiny user interfaces provided by private corporations in
exchange for eyeballs.

That was so much easier than using cumbersome ad-hoc encryption
(which, even without certificates, would completely cripple
interference by lesser governments.)

Revolutions, however, do not favor retards. I really do not understand
the purpose of this consternation along the "we are sending cleartext
and ISPs, governments and service providers are meddling with it"
lines. Do you really think that pathetic righteous whining will stop
deep packet inspection? It will not. Whatever you conveniently and
effortlessly send in cleartext will always be intercepted and used
against you, sooner or later, in every single jurisdiction in the
world. Think of it as applied Darwinism.

As long as you prefer convenience to prudence, you will get deep
rectal inspections.