Angela on Sat, 6 Jun 2009 23:39:02 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> tripled crises and their discontents

Since discussions on nettime - around new New Deals, neoKeynesianism,
but also remarks on usury in threads on conflicts within the
universities - formed part of the inspiration for the essay, I append
the link:

"In Praise of Usura"
http://www.metamute.org/en/content/in_praise_of_usura

Related, and we thought worth mentioning in the above piece (apologies
if they've already been circulated):

- Dion Dennis, "Domestic Wars Redux: Obama, Digital Prohibition and the
New 'Reefer Madness'" http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=607

- Tatjana Greif, "Euro-Sins and the New Inquisition"
http://www.reartikulacija.org/RE6/ENG/queer6_ENG_greif.html
(also http://www.reartikulacija.org/RE6/ENG/intro_transmediale.html)

I'd be interested in reading other critical accounts, those that take a
step away from the lure of the announcement of crises as lurch toward
the restorative.

I've only now come across the most recent edition of ephemera
http://www.ephemeraweb.org/journal/9-1/9-1editorial.pdf
http://www.ephemeraweb.org/journal/index.htm

best, Angela