Leutha Blissett on Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:05:39 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: Wikipedia challenges "Wikipedia Art"

Hi all,

You may be interested to see the discussion at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Meetup/London_21.

The Wikipedia Art event occurred on the same day as the Wikipedia Loves
Art. The people organising the Wikipedia Loves Art event don't appear to
Love Wikipedia Art. Further more some even maintain that "Wikipedia Loves
Art" doesn't include "Wikipdeia Art".

Anyway, a proposal is being mooted to involve the National Art Library
based at the V&A - one of the institutions involved in Wikipedia Loves Art
- in an anniversary event. It is proposed that this is part of "London
Loves Wikipedia" event organised for Feb 14 2010. It has been suggested
that we review secondary sources to see whether the re-instatement of the
Wikipedia Art wikipedia page is justified according to the rules. This will
itself be a piece of performative art.

Anyway, If you are in London on Sunday May 17 why not pop down for a pub
lunch and Penderel's Oak in Holborn and see how the London Wikipedia meet
up deals with all this.

Leutha