Andreas Broeckmann on Sat, 25 Apr 2009 21:16:26 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: Wikipedia challenges "Wikipedia Art"

dear scott, friends,

i think that this is a very interesting development in the young
history of Wikipedia Art; we originally thought that it would be a
conceptual piece about the rules that define RAW (Reality According to
Wikipedia); but now it seems that Wikipedia is itself trying to become
that Reality, and you have to play by its rules, even if you (like
many of us) thought you had chosen for another reality. i can see a
battle of apocalyptic proportions on the horizon, between the Empire
of Wikipedia and the Empire of Google. and then: Exodus.

keep us tuned.

regards,
-a