Alex Foti on Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:12:49 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precarity (one catholic systematically usurping it)

i don't think there's nothing overly subtle about it. Given agreement
on content of the entry, including catholic references not to be
intolerant with anybody, one self-styled anarchosocialchristian nuked
the discussion by placing the whole entry under the category of
"social christianity", which is patently absurd. The "Labor" category
contains the history of unionism and syndicalism under which precarity
and mayday undoubtedly fall, notwithstanding the misgivings that you,
I and others might have on the value and/or desirability of wage work.
Anyway I report Marcelo Exposito's superb summary of the issue (which
is now being resolved, thanks to all!):

"i have been trying for more than a year to fight against this stupid
someone until i had to quit - s/he just has free time enough not
only to discuss for hours and hours, pages and pages, until you get
bored; also to re-re-re-re-edit the page once and again against every
simple human logic. i do agree that if many of us insist in the way
that alex suggests, the entry will probably end up in a more suitable
way - the rubric "social christianity" is based, according to this
*@#?!!, on these facts: (1) that some christian activist used the term
"precarity" first (?), (2) that toni negri was a christian militant
when he was young and he quotes some christian saint in "empire" (!),
(3) that euromayday network uses christian imagery in san precario
(!!!!!!) - for god's sake!!"

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Theo Honohan <theo.honohan@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/16 jeremy hunsinger <jhuns@vt.edu>:
>
>> I just submitted this for semi-protection which will block all
>> anonymous edits, which should prevent the defacement/disagreement from
>> continuing.
>
> Well, I don't see that technical measure stopping the disagreement,
> but it will help.

<.....>