Junghua Liu on Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:32:29 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> A Wi-Fi art project

Hi,

My name is Jung-Hua Liu and my art project is about visualizing Wi-Fi
network into colourful landscape portrait.

The aim of this project is to construct a collaborative website where
wireless internet connection is used as an artistic medium.

Besides my fieldwork in different cities to collect the Wi-Fi
information, we also invite Wi-Fi users to connect and take part on
this innovative project.

Any participant simply needs to provide the number of their wireless
rooter, which is available for everyone and does not involve
disclosing any kind of private or secure information.

Each of these numbers is then converted into colours which are
reflected by the specific location of the users.

Having various users connecting to the project will automatically
produce something like a wi-fi abstract paintings, working
simultaneously in cyberspace and the real world.

This project depends then on the participation of wi-fi users. It will
become ever more complex and fascinating as more people connect from
different locations.

If you want to become part of this exciting live wi-fi abstract
painting, please follow to links below to enter my website and connect
your wireless location to this net of cyberspace colours. You can then
observe and follow 'in colours' how your location is crossing and
interacting with other users in other locations.

Project site: http://fireant.itaiwan.net/wireless/en The pictures in /
progress : http://fireant.itaiwan.net/urban_image                    /

Many thanks in anticipation,

Jung-Hua Liu