Andres Manniste on Thu, 4 Dec 2008 22:18:55 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Facebook 24 hours summary; new arrestings, apologizes...

All this suggests to me that Ivo Sanader and his administration are not
all that clever nor the slightest bit aware of the communications
technologies, which leads to the not too surprising outcome that they
are not too popular.

In Canada (I still surmise) all of this would not have occurred.
According to "La Presse", the pro-"constitutional coup d'etat" Facebook
group has 22,000 members , while those who support the minority
government have 65,000. I don't believe either of these figures.They
seem to made up, which tends to illustrate how irrelevant they are.
(What I found was: 1 MILLION STRONG AGAINST A COALITION IN CANADA, 141
members; For a Coalition Government in Canada/ Pour un Gouvernement de
Coalition, 4,628 members; Canadians for a Progressive Coalition -
Coalition Progressiste Canadienne, 16,707; Canadians Against Coalition
Government, 12,019 ...etc...). As things have transpired, the head of
state opted to allow for a constitutional Christmas break so that
politicians can cool down a bit. No one has been arrested and I am
certain that the Governor General did not make her decision because of
Facebook.

Andres

Ana Peraica wrote:

> Hi everyone again,
>
> here is the summary of events regrading Facebook groups in Croatia; new
> arresting, apologizes, international media pressure....
> A chronology of events after arresting of Niksa Klecak.
 <...>