Natalie McKeever on Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:25:38 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> posting - call for videos

Hello,

My name is Natalie McKeever, I am a video artist and just joined the nettime
list.  I wanted to post an open call for video art that I am curating for
the Jersey City Museum.  The posting is below.

Thanks!

Natalie McKeever

*Investigations of Place
Jersey City Museum's 1x1 Media Series
Natalie McKeever, Guest Curator*

Author and theorist Lucy Lippard defines "place" as "space plus memory."
Separate from landscape art, investigations of place explore how the
landscapes of personal places such as homelands, childhood homes, and
ancestral spaces take on new forms when combined with memories and
individual experiences. Jersey City Museum is asking for submissions that
successfully use video to illustrate personal narratives imprinted on
landscapes, and landscapes imprinted on personal narratives, videos that use
experimental imagery to explore how spaces are remade once they are
remaining in the mind, and videos that strive to define and delve into the
concept ofplace.

Between three and nine videos will be chosen for participation in the Jersey
City Museum's Media 1x1 video series. The selected videos will play on three
small screens on the first floor of the museum from May - September 2009.

Please submit unformatted DVD's, NTSC format only, preferably .MOV, and
include a short synopsis of the work and your contact information. Please
send entries, postmarked by March 6, 2009, to:

*Investigations of Place Open Call
Jersey City Museum
P.O. Box 428
Jersey City, NJ 07303-0428*

DVD's can not be returned, so please do not send your only copy. Please
emailnatalie.mckeever@gmail.com<natalie.mckeever@gmail.com?subject=Investigations_of_Place>
with
any questions.