dr . woooo on Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:45:43 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Fwd: n15 g20 global crises action

Please forward and translate:

Global day of action ( N15 ) November 15th 2008

Resisting Capitalism and it ' Financial and Ecological ' crises during the
G20 richest nations summit.

Other worlds are possible - A Grassroots Anti-Capitalist call for action.

On November 15, the G20 richest nations will convene in Washington to try
to put the financial meltdown behind them and repair the international
capitalist system.  The factories continue to be closed, jobs cut, pensions
destroyed, houses evicted, unemployment rises, uncertaintity, horrible
anti-immigrant measures are pushed for by right-wingers, homelessness
increase, relationships break down and food and basic housing spiral beyond
the reach of the poor the world over while the environment around us
collapses. We are living through a profound period of rapid and terrifying
change, an intensification of the long crisis that is capitalism and this
time the meltdown really is global. Even conservative media and staunch
economic-rationalists are saying this could be the worst since the great
depression... and they are trying to re-organise a Bretton Woods II project
for a new capitalism.  World over there is direct action and civil
disobedience resistance taking many forms and proposals of many types
circulating as always and now with new consideration given the cost we will
be asked to pay to bail-out this rotten system - food riots, strikes for
wage increases and backpay of stolen wages, price reduction campaigns,
radical discussions on the crises, fuel protests,the sharing of radical
everyday strategies for living in hard times, looting of supermarkets, as
yet sporadic but hopefully growing resistance to evictions, sit-downs,
protests at financial institutions and districts are spreading, thousands
of the italian universities occupation movements saying " we will not pay
for your crisis. " As the money and environmental crises intensify so too
hopefully the struggles, with this as the stage we offer a humble proposal
for this global day of action against capital, the G20 - hoping to see
another thread of struggle emerge.

- Another thread that calls for common and grassroots control of our lives,
  an alternative to the left or right hand of capital or to put it another
  way an alternative to private enterprise or the state management of capital

- neither a future regulated capital or the free market versions often
  known as 'neo-liberalism.' A world in which we create old and new commons
  based on our real needs as an alternative to the capitalist and state
  system.

- Another thread that recognises that these crises have been bought down on
  us by not only bankers and speculators, but also by bosses, landlords and
  petty bureaucrats as well as all politicians and other members of the
  ruling classes.  They made it and it is for us to create new relationships
  and egalatarian forms of organisation to push beyond capitalism. We must
  stop them. Their arrogance is limitless. After having caused the worst
  slump since the Great Depression, the same fuckers have thrown the world
  into insolvency would now like to appear as saviors of the world economy:
  hypocrites full of bullshit, that's what they are!

- A thread that knows they are part of hundred of years of resistance to
  the rule of money, contrived panics, exploitation, poverty, disorder,
  repression, annihilation and the destruction of the earth on which we
  depend for survival.

- A thread that recognises the need for the interlinking of global social
  and labor conflicts.

- A thread that is interested and actively debating and possibly trying to
  create proposals for other worlds, - should we push for our trillions too
  perhaps to be used as seeds to set up grassroots alternatives, what would
  debt resistance or anti-eviction movements look like in our areas, what of
  price reduction campaigns or other ways of providing for our basic needs
  and freedom?

Perhaps massive globally co-ordinated anti-lay-off campaigns, community
building, unemployed workers movements, the blocking of cities, growing
homeless and temp-worker resistance, reclaiming of space for social
activities, strategies that asks questions and learns from other seemingly
unrelated struggles - a movements of networks ...the eventual occupation of
all life by your desires... there are many other proposals being
considered. *

The can be no capitalist fix or new capitalist deal to the ecological and
capitalist crises- we will not beg, but create new worlds.

The tactics or actions are open to you, mobilisations, blockades, sit-ins,
a few dignified placards - some leaflets or an teach-in, sabotages and
other attacks - we have limitless desires and long history to draw upon.

For this global action we call on the global anti-capitalist movements and
all those from below that are feeling the destruction of their lives and
our world, those already resisting from the grassroots or seeing the need,
to organise for and beyond November 15th 2008  - grassroots,
anti-capitalist action...  Make plans. We hope this day will enrich the
many ongoing strategies of resistance that are going beyond protest **

* http://cutdump.blogsome.com/2008/11/07/more-crises-proposals/

**
http://cutdump.blogsome.com/2008/11/07/beyond-once-of-protests-of-the-crisis/

--
the ankle bone, connected to the thigh bone ;)

http://del.icio.us/dr.woooo

http://www.aut-op-sy.org
http://narconews.com
http://www.eco.utexas.edu/~archive/chiapas95/