nettime's_running_man on Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:25:09 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> oh warriors, come out and play digest [5: schmidt, schebella, tvv, schmidt, riemens]

Re: <nettime> Locative Games: Police use GPS coordinates as Evidence
     Matze Schmidt <matze.schmidt@n0name.de>
     marius schebella <marius.schebella@gmail.com>
     "> ! <" <gonzo@quadrantcrossing.org>
     Matze Schmidt <matze.schmidt@n0name.de>
     Patrice Riemens <patrice@xs4all.nl>

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 11:05:27 +0200
From: Matze Schmidt <matze.schmidt@n0name.de>
Subject: Re[2]: <nettime> Locative Games: Police use GPS coordinates as Evidence

hello,

> Soon enough GPS-enabled devices will be mandatory.
> What capitalism failed to accomplish in Europe, the terrorism mania
> will. Unless someone cares enough to say "enough!"

i would not define the polices hunting of people as 'terrorism mania'
since this is an pathological analysis which claims that the illness
comes from somewhere inside a subject. but if ones takes this analysis
the sick subject would be the state, and every state is sick actually.
instead of this i'd propose to call the surveillance 'mania' esp. in
germany the *fear of the state as the agent of the capital*. this fear
is the fear of real revolts of lower classes. the german profitrate is
going down down down and they shiver with fear.
clearly the surveillance 'mania' is no mania but a (THE) reaction and is
part of the greater proceedings: the militarization of the country. one
sight at the tv-program shows this to you every day, the chines olympic
games where a demonstration of the power of german soldier athletes (30%
of the athletes in this country are payed by the army).
it's lucid that this state is preparing war(s) as the leading force in
the eu - against the us or with russia ... anyway.