Juergen Fenn on Sun, 16 Mar 2008 04:21:44 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> computer critic Joseph Weizenbaum died, age 85

Geert Lovink schrieb:

> (In the fall of 2007 an old friend of mine, the Amsterdam-based
> journalist-artist Ine Poppe decided to hop on the train and go to
> Berlin to visit Joseph Weizenbaum. She did an interview with him and
> came back with lots of interesting stories. It was around the same time
> that I read the interview book , made by Gunna Wendt, in German. I
> wrote about it in a nettime posting called the Society of the Query.
> Ine gave me a document, in German called Was ich am Ende meines Lebens > glaube, 1 DIN A4 with 14 theses on it. It's hanging above my desk, in
> front of me. "5) Not all aspect of life are computable." The same can
> be said about Weizenbaum's life. /geert)

I just would like to point out that what is said to have been Joseph
Weizenbaum's last interview was with the German-language culture radio
"hr2 kultur":
<http://www.hr-online.de/website/radio/hr2/index.jsp?rubrik=9902&key=standard_document_33943874>.

It can be heard online at
<http://mp3.podcast.hr-online.de/hronline/mp3/podcast/hr2_doppelkopf/am_tisch_mit_joseph_weizenbaum___computer-ketzer_.mp3>.