Rob Dyke on Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:51:56 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Ideology of Free Culture and the Grammar of Sabotage

"By slogan: in other words, by only learning the links, those keywords the
grasp of which is anyway sufficient to spell out your allegiances to a
certain ???movement??? (I don???t wish to use the word ???ideology??? here,
which is too loaded with negative meaning). Keywords such as alterity,
autonomy,biopower, bodies, communication, communism, corruption, desire,
deterritorialization, discipline, desertion, empire, exodus, hybridization,
immanence, multitude, etc. This listing is obviously not a complete one and
its compiling ??? in alphabetical order, no less ??? is not of my making:
the index at the end of the volume reflects a far from conventional choice,
including names and keywords. As such, it is yet another tool for the
hypertextual reading of the book (here???s a useful hint for all those who
should choose to use Empire ???by slogan???: in the index, the nested terms
are in effect also all the strategic keywords you need)."

Perhaps a filter/indicator/predictor of tendency towards / allegiances to a
certain movement?

Rob

(i)Maria Turchetto, The Empire Strikes Back: On Hardt and Negri, Historical
Materialism, volume 11:1 (23???36) ?? Koninklijke Brill NV, Leiden, 2003,
Also available online ??? www.brill.nl