Naeem Mohaiemen on Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:56:42 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Transmediale Berlin 08/Stream+IRC

This is part of Transmediale.  There is live stream and IRC details below.

Hope to see you in person or on the IRC thingummy...

-Naeem

####################################
Thursday 31/1  	13:00
Session 2: Embedding Fear: The Internet And The Spectacle Of
Heightened Alert @ Conference
Moderator: Brian Holmes [us]
Participants: Loretta Napoleoni [us], Naeem Mohaiemen [bd], Yassin
Musharbash [de]
Respondent: Thorsten Schilling [de]

The Internet's 'open system' makes it not only the world's most
powerful tool of conspiratorial narrative generation but also creates
the broadest 'extranational' platform for the creation and
dissemination of political, military and corporate propaganda. Any
form of authorship. Any group (or individual) whether legitimate,
clandestine or fraudulent with access to the net may proclaim any act,
real or imagined. Within the current atmospheres of induced security,
economies of fear and pending 'terrorist' action, what are the key
roles played by the Internet in defining the legitimacy of a perceived
threat? How are the complex issued of identity and culture corrupted
when freedom of access and communication become entangled in an
ill-defined international 'war on terror' fought to a large extent
online?

The conference takes place at Auditorium.
####################################

transmediale.08 - festival for art and digital culture berlin
January 30 - February 03, 2008
Haus der Kulturen der Welt

CONSPIRE ...  Live streams and moderated IRC chats at transmediale.08

If you are not able to join transmediale's 'Conspire ...' conference
and Bilderberg Salon artist sessions BBT and transmediale.08 invites
you to join in online - real time - via IRC and video streams. A
remote backdoor to the speakers and performers of transmediale.08 -
the moderated online discussion is open to partcipants who can not
join us in Berlin.

Two streams will be available; one live from the conference hall (HKW
Auditorium) and from the Bilderberg Salon. Every stream will have its
own IRC (Internet Relay Chat) chatroom ... see below.

We are inviting you to JOIN US and JOIN IN!

IRC chats will be displayed next to the panel in each conference and
keynote lecture. IRC moderators will bring the questions and comments
from the chat to the onsite event. We would appreciate if you can
spend some of your internet time with us and tell your friends about
this vivid interaction. We will be meeting on irc from Wednesday,
January 30, until Sunday, February 3, 2008.

The VIDEO STREAM addresses are:

Conference Stream:
http://giss.tv:8000/transmediale08.ogg
LIve from the conferences and key note presentations

and

Bilderberg Stream:
http://giss.tv:8000/bilderberg.ogg
An experimental stream hosted by bots and people, playing with
protocols of communication between IRC and realtime video streams.
We ... BBT, are more paranoid than the bots, and technology is
slipping out of control...

You can play these stream sfrom any platform using VLC (Videolan
Player), download it here: http://videolan.org

Come to chat with us and check the transmediale.08 website for
possible updates of this information:
http://www.transmediale.de/

We will be streaming with an open source encoder, promoting the use
of ogg theora and calling for diversity on the web. Gratitude to all
developers and streaming communities who made the use of this free
technology possible and special thanks for the support of giss.tv,
goto10.org, v2_Institute for the Unstable Media and Freej.

CHAT ROOMS:

http://irc.goto10.org

#tm08conference

According to schedule of conferences and keynote lectures:
http://www.transmediale.de/site/programme/conference-and-keynotes/

We will be discussing the key issues of each conference and hold
discussions that may arise in the channel. With the help of FOSS bots
we can query online resources (wikipedia, google, wordnet).

#tm08bilderberg

Daily:
http://www.transmediale.de/site/programm/salon/

We will document what goes on in the sessions of the Bilderberg Salon
and our progress with HB (half brother) tele-robotic hand controlled
remotely by IRC participants that inputs simple commands: North,
South, East, West..

#tm08tech

You can find us here from now on, come around if you have questions
regarding the stream or other technical issues. Move to this channel
if things are not working - PLEASE do not ask about tech issues in
the program IRCs.

The web interfaces to the IRC channels are:
http://pjirc.goto10.org/?channel=tm08conference
http://pjirc.goto10.org/?channel=tm08bilderberg
http://pjirc.goto10.org/?channel=tm08tech

This is an official invitation to the events! We would like to ask
you to confirm your participation for the conference chat rooms you
would be interested to attend.

Best wishes ,
HB, fv, aleij, xname, tiarex, pueblo, mh,BB
BBT
Big Brother Team
we_are_observing ...
transmediale.08