Patrice Riemens on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:58:11 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> France unveils anti-"piracy" plan

Miguel Afonso Caetano send me a rejoinder which I think I should
share with the list since he didn't post it himself. Apparently I
am/was deeply wrong about Jacques Attali stand on IP, portraying him
as a fundamentalist. I must confess that my pronouncement was based
on a limited knowledge of his work, since I read only one book of
his (forgot the title - and he wrote so many... ;-( where I got the
impression that he put a lot of trust in knowledge as a marketable
good (and he was refering to copyright I am sure - but then...) In any
case I am glad there is a voice of reason among hi-profile, mainstream
French intellectuals. Please read the texts URLed below.

Cheers and with apologies, & thanks to MAC
p+2D!