Heiko Recktenwald on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:56:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Criminalization of critical academic research and political engagement

Hi,

Bas van Heur wrote:
> understand the rationale behind this arrest

This is what we are all trying to do. All I know is that some people
somehow related to him were trying to burn a car. Carburners are
not yet "terrorists" in the sense of the law. A group to burn a
series of houses with people inside would be something else and there
was allready some house targetted, an office building at night or
something like that. Who had done it? There is the idea to expand
"criminal activity" to make surveillance etc more easy, not just in
Germany, but this idea does not explain everything.

Policemen etc are just paranoid or devils or have to much phantasy? As
in the case of the raincoat in Frankfurt, that was not an ABC-security
umbrella of a suicide bomber?

Who knows?

H.

#  more info: majordomo@kein.org and "info nettime-l" in the msg body