Geert Lovink on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:35:35 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> shocklogs wikipedia entry

Update: Wikipedia editors are again considering to delete the shocklog
entry. Interesting remark is this context is their suspicion of
'foreign language' blogs being involved as references. But who is
foreign in this case? English for those write Dutch? Or Dutch for those
know only English? Interesting to see how Larry Singer's Citizendium is
putting pressure on Wikipedia to get rid of 'neologisms' and barbarian
non-Anglo knowledge... Best, Geert

--

An editor has nominated the article Shocklog for deletion, under the
Articles for deletion process. We appreciate your contributions, but

seemingly a violation of Wikipedia:Avoid neologisms Cornell Rockey
02:00, 21 January 2007 (UTC)

Merge with Blog, as a "Shocklog" is a type of blog. Flakeloaf 04:10, 21
January 2007 (UTC)
Delete Lacks sources demonstration sufficient use to satisfy WP:NEO.
Sources consist of a couple of foreign-language blogs and an on-line
Master's thesis. Need published sources complying with WP:RS
--Shirahadasha 04:52, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
Delete, basically a neologism, and an imprecise one at that. Is Stile
Project a "shocklog"? Lankiveil 05:16, 21 January 2007 (UTC).

--

On 17 Jan 2007, at 11:54 AM, Geert Lovink wrote:

> (dear nettimers, together with students of the masters-of-media blog at
> the university of amsterdam i have been working on a wikipedia entry
> about so-called shock logs or shock blogs. it is been an interesting
 <...>