Nancy Mauro-Flude on Fri, 13 Oct 2006 04:23:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Why Isn't There Men's Studies?/Re: <nettime> Gender and Us [10x]

Why Isn't There Men's Studies? Gender and Us:

A bit of a cop out but
I find this quote by Kathy Acker (Lest We Forget) sums up the
vicissitudes in question,

"We don't have a clue what it is to be male or female, or if there are
intermediate genders. Male and female might be fields which overlap into
androgyny or different kinds of sexual desires.
But because we live in a Western, patriarchal world, we have very little
chance of exploring these gender possibilities."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Acker

Cheers, Nancy