Ivo Skoric on Sat, 18 Mar 2006 04:20:38 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> ivogram x4: immigration, NOLA, war, overpriced NY

               [digested @ nettime -- mod (tb)]

     In the event of immigration emergency...
     Succesful Cleansing
     War and Progress
     Overpriced

From: "Ivo Skoric" <ivo@balkansnet.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:12:03 +0100
Subject: In the event of immigration emergency...

In the event of immigration emergency? Are they completletly doped
up? Or is this bogus program just a simple way to say thank you to
Dick Chenney?
When I came back from Canada (where I went to pick up residence
papers), the US boarder patrol told me that he saw many people with
my kind of passport (refugee travel documents) recently: immigrants
are *leaving* the US, not coming to it; Americans too: I saw two
American families picking up Canadian papers as well...
And in Croatia, all the shipping agencies are overwhelmed with
Croatian-Americans that are returning back.
I think that the US the immigrant invasion should be the last worry
with Bush in White House...
ivo

*3. HALLIBURTON GETS DETENTION CONTRACT

KBR, the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton
Co., announced on Jan. 24 that the Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) has awarded KBR a five-year $385 million
"Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity" (IDIQ) contingency
contract to support ICE facilities in the event of an emergency.
The contract, effective immediately, provides for establishing
temporary detention and processing capabilities to expand
existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) facilities in
the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the US, or to
support the rapid development of new programs, KBR said. The
contract may also provide immigrant detention support to other
government organizations in the event of an immigration
emergency, the company said. The competitively awarded contract
will be executed by the US Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth
District. KBR held the previous ICE contract from 2000 through
2005. [MarketWatch 1/24/06; Business Wire 1/24/06]

INB, or to the CHRI email list (which includes INB and local NYC area
events, average 4-5 messages a week), write to nicajg@panix.com
(indicate "CHRI list" or "INB only").