lotu5 on Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:29:23 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Virtual Sit-In in Solidarity with the Striking Students of France!

//please forward widely//

We invite people from all over the world who support the french students
in resistance and oppose the precaritization of life
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precarity] to join the Electronic
Disturbance Theatre and borderlands Hacklab on March 16th and 17th, 2006
to engage in a virtual sit-in on french government websites to demand
that all of the students be released from prison and that the 'contrat
premi=E8re embauche' (CPE) be revoked.

While the CPE only effects people in France, people around the world are
suffering from the system that the French students are protesting
against. The neoliberal, corporate model of society increases the
precarity of life for everyone through employment instability, war and
environmental destruction. It must be stopped. Youth all over the world
face bleak prospects under the current models. New economic and social
models must be developed.

As students and workers continue to occupy the Sorbonne and march
through the streets of France, we will join them with our virtual bodies
from around the world. SOLIDARITY WITH THE STUDENTS OF FRANCE! SOLIDARITE!

Join the action here: http://sdhacklab.org/france_solidarity