Janos Sugar on Thu, 9 Feb 2006 10:47:37 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Theatre boss to stage own funeral

A Hungarian theatre director dying of cancer is to lie in state while still alive
so he can experience his own funeral. Peter Halasz, who is also an actor, writer
and satirist, is in the final stages of liver cancer, and will begin lying in an
open coffin at the Kunsthalle in the Hungarian capital Budapest later this week.
"I'm curious how a funeral looks from the other side," Halasz told BBC World
Service's Outlook programme. "I want to take a look at my friends and listen to
the eulogies, and the final farewell.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/4689692.stm

http://www.szinhaz.hu/halasz/curriculum.html