Zeljko Blace on Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:53:26 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> substituting Herzegovina for Bosnia, but still BBC reports on...

 Bosnia unveils Bruce Lee bronze

A bronze of martial arts legend Bruce Lee has been erected in the Bosnian city of
Mostar - a day before a second statue of him is unveiled in Hong Kong.

The life-size 1.68 metre statue depicts the Chinese-American actor in a typical
defensive fighting position.

Hong Kong unveils its own statue of the kung-fu star on Sunday, at a ceremony to
be attended by Lee's widow Linda.

The Mostar unveiling was attended by the ambassadors of China and Germany, both of
whom assisted the project.

The city witnessed fierce fighting between rival ethnic factions in the 1992-95
war.

Symbol

It remains split with Bosnian Muslims, Croats and Serbs still deeply divided.

Lee was chosen by organisers as a symbol of the fight against ethnic divisions.

"We will always be Muslims, Serbs or Croats," said Veselin Gatalo of the youth
group Urban Movement Mostar.

"But one thing we all have in common is Bruce Lee."

Lee, who died in 1973 at the age of 32, was born in the US but moved to Hong Kong
as a child.

The statue there will be unveiled on what would have been the Enter the Dragon
star's 65th birthday.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/entertainment/4474316.stm

Published: 2005/11/26 17:43:16 GMT

© BBC MMV

I wonder how this highly cultural if not even political event was published in
entertainment, but at least something positive being reported from Mostar after a
long time.

All respect to my dear friend Nino and artist Ivan Fiolic. Feels great to be able
to report on local project to Spectre!

p.s.

maybe Projekt Relations should promote their affiliation with this project before
BKS support is to finish and these possibilities vanish into thin air...