martin pichlmair on Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:52:32 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> a new definition

hi,

beside, the term "media" is also not present in wikipedia. it
forwards to "mass media" and that page gives some rather vague and
technical description of media. defining or even only describing "new
media" without first doing so for "media" sounds futile to me.

i was surprised to see the changes you noted in your mail, too. the
interim text you mention was the most concise to appear, yet. i would
propose to put olia's "new media" under "new media studies" (maybe
except for the books section) and reanimate the "minghong" version
("New media usually refers to ..."). of course wikipedia is about
'doing it - so i'll do that immediately.

lg
martin

On Nov 3, 2005, at 3:36 PM, Florian Cramer wrote:

>>  A good example of how some areas of
>> wikipedia are suffering from a lack of participation. It's probably
>> because most media activists are busy posting on their own
>> websites...
>
> I am not sure whether the opposite is always helpful. As much as I
> respect Olia, I don't find her edits of the Wikipedia article very
> constructive. Before her edit, the article said:
 <...>