lotu5 on Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:33:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> SPECFLIC audio broadcast, want to rebroadcast?

Are any other radio folks interested in rebroadcasting the special event
that radioActive sanDiego is broadcasting friday night from 9pm-12am pst?

It's called SPECFLIC and it's a "Speculative Distributed Fiction" piece
taking place at UCSD which is critical of the research culture within
the UC system and questioning the costs and the future of technology
while asking questions like "who gets to decide"? It will be examining
the intersections of technology, art and resistance. It involves
numerous films prerecorded and filmed live along with live performances,
mixed music and multiple audio streams, and we're broadcasting all of it.

you can read more about it here:
http://sandiego.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/111369.shtml

and here:
NYTimes.com pickup of CNET News story:
<http://www.nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_2100-1025_3-5905888.html>http://www.nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_2100-1025_3-5905888.html

Direct link to CNET story, with graphics:>
<http://news.com.com/Tech+school+kicks+off+a+multimedia+Halloween/2100-1025_3-5905888.html>http://news.com.com/Tech+school+kicks+off+a+multimedia+Halloween/2100-1025_3-5905888.html

Same on ZDNet:
<http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5905888.html>http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5905888.html

I know that the folks working on this would be stoked to have it
rebroadcast on more stations than ours, so let us know if you're
interested in picking up the stream.

--

2 fraudulent elections. 2 fraudulent wars.
1 human made environmental disaster.