lotu5 on Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:05:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> culture jamming suicidegirls.com - RealSuicideGirl

I found this on http://indyblogs.protest.net . With the recent discussions on
netPorn, I thought this was an interesting occurence. While SuicideGirls.com
purports to be hip and women-friendly, apparently not everyone thinks so. So
apparently someone decided to culture jam the whole idea of a Suicide Girl by
signing up for as a model for them and populating their personal profile with
information from a Palestinian female suicide bomber. It provides an interesting
critique of the perspective of potential viewers of SuicideGirls.com, as well as
to the people running SuicideGirls.com. One field in the profile is "CURRENT
THOUGHTS ON SG: I hate it", summing up this person's opinion of the site.

At the time of this posting, the jammed profile was still available on the
SuicideGirls.com website.

http://suicidegirls.com/members/RealSuicideGirl/

A bit about me written by Mika Minio-Paluello:

Hanadi Jaradat, a 29-year-old lawyer from Jenin, blew herself up in the Haifa
Maxim restaurant in early October, killing 21, including four children. Her
younger brother Fedi was executed by an Israeli undercover unit in front of her,
despite her trying to protect him. On June 12th, three days before Fadi's wedding,
the family was in the courtyard of the house. Salah Jaradat, Fadi's cousin and a
member of Islamic Jihad, came to visit his pregnant wife, Ismath, and their
two-year-old son, who were living with the family.

MEMBER SINCE: October 2005

AGE: 30 (Sep 22, 1975)

LOCATION: Palestine

HOMETOWN: Jenin

SIGN: I've seen it.

OCCUPATION: Law, until that proved insufficient.

STATS: Don't commodify people.

BODY MODS: A few.

FAVORITE BANDS: Chrissy Hynde.

FAVORITE FILMS: Battle of Algiers.

FAVORITE BOOKS: The Qur'an, The Bible, Give Me Liberty: The
Uncompromising Statesmanship of Patrick Henry

FAVORITE TV SHOWS: Xena the Warrior Princess.

VICES: Deadly revenge.

CURRENT CRUSH: Mordechai Vanunu.

INTO: Fighting oppression.

MOST HUMBLING MOMENT: You have to ask?

5 ITEMS I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: I only wanted two: My brother and justice.

MAKES ME HAPPY: Family. The Act of Sacrifice.

MAKES ME SAD: Israeli colonial aggression. Your imperialist government.
Your lying media. Your passivity. The need for sacrifice.

GETS ME HOT: You have a very crude culture, the way you talk of such things.

I LOST MY VIRGINITY: Not.

FAVORITE SEXUAL POSITION: My mother ? who I actually talk about these
things with ? tells me she really enjoys something I can hardly wait to
try ? oh, no, I guess I'll have to?

FANTASY: For you to understand.

CURRENT THOUGHTS ON SG: I hate it

WEBSITE: http://www.aztlan.net/women_martyrs.htm

--

2 fraudulent elections. 2 fraudulent wars.
1 human made environmental disaster.