nettime's broken pumps on Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:32:40 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> new orleans [3x]

Table of Contents:

   has anyone heard word of my NOLA sweetheart?
     Bill Spornitz <spornitz@mts.net>

   the heart of a geek still beats in Old Orleans
     Bill Spornitz <spornitz@mts.net>

   New Orleans Crisis and US Govt Negligence
     Ronda Hauben <ronda@umcc.ais.org>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:24:24 -0500
From: Bill Spornitz <spornitz@mts.net>
Subject: has anyone heard word of my NOLA sweetheart?

... a little bar; the Alpine Club, attached to La Boheme restaurant.
in the quartier..

the bartenders were volunteers, and carried pistols...

John Coltrane on the jukebox...

if you sat in the corner of the bar by the window you could feel the
whole fucking planet spin around you....

I fear that the Alpine Club is lost!

Any word of my friend on Chartres Street???

<sniff>
- -b