Craig Brozefsky on Sat, 7 May 2005 19:00:02 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: 800 pirates demonstrated in Stockholm on May

Karl-Erik Tallmo <ketallmo@nisus.se> writes:

> rasmus fleischer wrote:
>
>>The speakers included Palle Torsson from Artliberated, Jonas Birgersson, a
>>Swedish Internet-figure and CEO of Bredband2, and finally Sara Andersson
>>from The Pirate Agency who spoke about the importance of copying and the
>>urgent need of privacy in digital communication.
>
> Copyright IS a form of privacy right, since it protects both the
> integrity of the creator and of his/her work.

Copyright is specifically about the publication of a work, so I'm very
confused by the claim that it is a privacy right.

To me it seems related to privacy in the way that other property rights
are.  Defining domains of control for a private individual. That is
diffrent from being a "privacy right" in itself.  It is about encouraging
distribution of information, not about controlling it. Privacy is about
controlling the distribution of information.

--
Sincerely, Craig Brozefsky <craig@red-bean.com>
I can't believe what you say, I wanna see what you do