nettime's gardener on Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:08:05 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> It's the Environment . . . Stupid! [3x]

Table of Contents:

    Re: <nettime> It's the Environment . . . Stupid!
      David Irving <dirving@box.net.au>

    Re: <nettime> It's the Environment . . . Stupid!
      Newmedia@aol.com

    Re: <nettime> It's the Environment . . . Stupid!
      David Irving <dirving@box.net.au>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:50:27 +1030
From: David Irving <dirving@box.net.au>
Subject: Re: <nettime> It's the Environment . . . Stupid!

I think you may have missed the point a bit. I don't believe that TV cools
things down automatically - I still remember the rage I felt watching film
of a burning child running down a dirt road in Vietnam nearly 40 years
ago. The televisual nature of the last Great Military Adventure is what
got so many of us worked up enough to protest against it.

It's unlikely to happen this time around, because the right have got much
better at Perception Management (TM).