J-D marston on Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:13:39 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: nettime What Causes Terrorism?

>Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:15:06 -0700
>From: John <3v1l.hax0r@gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: <nettime> What Causes Terrorism?
>
>"What Causes Terrorism?"
>
>calls the fourth epoch of warfare.  An epoc of asymetrical power --
>meaning it is not possible for a group/state to challenge with force
>an established nuclear power.  So what is left for a group that wants
>to resist via direct action?  Unconventional warfare  aka Terrorism.

True.  Via Paul Virilio.  Although I think "direct action" is a poor choice
of words.

>In the context of an environment with an unchecked
>superpower, terrorism is a legitimate stratagem to fight the
>superpower.

And under this bundled logic, the Judeo-Christian populations should
legitimately exterminate the Holy Warriors because, left unchecked, they
will wage a continuous battle against the infidels. Koran 9:123 tells us it
is the duty of every Muslim man to "make war on the infidels who dwell
around you."  Just as Leviticus 20:13 instructs us to put to death the
homosexual.  Do not confuse Arab anger over economic stratification and
Islamic Terrorism, they are not Interchangable, and its dangerous to do so.
 Excusing Terror, under your exceedingly reductivist and banal diorama, is
inexcusable.

>As the US pushes in on different groups to establish a
>world economy of Western design, those who are disparate to resist
>will use the means at hand.   Al Quida was created by Mossad's
>ruthless waging of an invisible war on the Palestinian resistance
>groups.

Try not to confuse your Middle Eastern histories in such a self serving
fashion.  I wish we could blame the Israeli intelligence service for the
creation of The Base, but its just not that easy of a fix.

>What causes terrorism?  American power did.

What causes Terrorism? RELIGION & ECONOMICS.  Ask a Native American if
Manifest Destiny would be anything without its religious component.

Jd.