John on Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:31:18 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Hackers Take Aim at GOP + CrimeInc LOGISTICS ENCLOSED

[ In a Mr. Burns voice, "Excellent..." ]

But on a serious note, do you folks think this is an effective form of
protest?  Or just geeks wanking off?

Could a short term disruption have a meaningful affect on them?  If
moveon.org was shutdown completely I could see it having an affect on
the election, but only 3 days of dubya's 'personal' site being down?

And what about potential internation participation in this?  It is
easy to do via the net, but I think it would not be well received if
protesters from all over the world came to New York to fight with the
GOP during the convention.