Michael H Goldhaber on Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:17:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> A 'licensing fee' for GNU/Linux?

A stupid question: what is FOSS? FSF? OSI? this reminds me of the horrible
alphabet soup I used to encounter all the time when I worked in
Washington. While it may be very convenient for writers to use initials,
the practice very quickly renders conversation impenetrable to those who
haven't been paying enough attention to recall all the abbreviations. I
urge nettimers to take the time to spell out the meanings of abbreviations
frequently, if not at least once per posting.

Best,

Michael
-------
Michael H. Goldhaber