Heiko Recktenwald on Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:11:12 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> WSJ: Can Copyright Be Saved?

Well, to correct myself, things are complicated ;-)
As much as I hate DRM, yesterday, I saw something in the german "Bild
Zeitung", well, thats what many people read, an interesting piece of shit
or literature, something to read, food for the eyes, not really a
newspaper, something else, and they announced a pay per view solution of
cinema, developped by german telecom. "Why not?" I asked myself. There is
no privat copying possible, but if you go into a cinema, you would not copy
the movie too. You have no right to do so too.

The DRM problem has many sides, maybe the price is something that solves
things. DVDs should be copyed, well, thats a thing, a truc, like a record,
but it is more expensiv than pay per view.

H.