Are Flagan on Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:37:05 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> UN as the anti-Christ

Dr. Tim Lahaye, prophet on prophecy and, at best, co-author of his own
books, hovers at the very top of the NYT best seller lists for fiction with
the "Left Behind" series about the Rapture. His latest installment (11 so
far) of what Americans love to read pits the UN as the body of the
anti-Christ. See what more he says below. Someone somewhere has been taking
notes...

Hallelujah,

-af

+ + + + +

REPORTER: Why did you choose the UN to be the body that the anti-Christ
essentially uses to take over with?

DR. TIM LAHAYE: Well he's going to establish a one-world government. That's
one reason Christians are suspicious of globalism. They see it as maybe a
precursor of anti-Christ. And I just used the United Nations because it's an
entity today that people can understand. It may not be the United Nations,
it may be something else. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised in today's
geopolitical situation where the United Nations and the European common
market will gradually grow together and join other countries of the world
against the United States, the superpower. And gradually they will move
their centre of government to Iraq. An interesting thing in the Bible is -

REPORTER: This is from your book? Or this is what you're saying will
happen?

DR. TIM LAHAYE: This is what I'm saying will probably happen - that the
capital of the anti-Christ kingdom will be in Babylon.