David Patterson on Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:00:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> New Media Education and Its Disconnects

jonCates wrote:

> part of the benefit of an emphasis on "critical thinking" is that
> students can be taught to recognize that they will not be able (in
> the current situation @ least) to secure any single job [+/or] avoid
> being uninsured for periods of time [+/or] not experience various
> degrees of institutionalized poverty. these are very clear realities
> in the current situation as i experience it here in the us.

And, why is that our reality? Because here in the good ol' USofA we must give
great returns to those who DON'T WORK: investors. What are we teaching our
children? "You must work for nothing so that some stockholder can retire
early." What a truely bogus system!

--
When you hear some men talk about their love of country it's a sign they
expect to be paid for it.