Andreas Broeckmann on Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:27:36 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> A Puff Piece on Wikipedia (Fwd)

dear florian,

thanks for forwarding this. i have been wondering about the different
notions of 'openness' that are flying around at the moment and the
often blind assumption that whatever is open must be good. (it is
probably more in analogy to the marxist discussion about 'doppelt
freie Arbeit/doubly or dually free labour (engl.?)' which has, eg,
been discussed on the german oekonux list; make a start at
http://www.oekonux.de/liste/archive/msg04799.html)

maybe, what is boils down to, is that 'open' does not mean 'right',
'just', or 'fair', but open, and that the wiki-dreams can also only
last for a while ...

greetings,
-a