NETTIME'S_DISTRIBUTED_CRITIC on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:44:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Request to Nettime to be part [young, murphy, spornitz]

"Daniel Young" <danielyoung@rcn.com>
     Re: <nettime> Request to Nettime to be part of DISTRIBUTED CREATIVITY
murphy <murphy@thing.net>
     Re: <nettime> Request to Nettime to be part of DISTRIBUTED CREATIVITY
Bill Spornitz <spornitz@mts.net>
     Re: <nettime> Request to Nettime to be part of DISTRIBUTED

From: "Daniel Young" <danielyoung@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Request to Nettime to be part of DISTRIBUTED CREATIVITY
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:54:36 -0400

When I told NewZoid that " Timothy Druckrey Ridicules Eyebeam's Call For
Distributed Creativity," here are some of the headlines that it fetched from
parallel worlds:

Texas Conservative Group Ridicules Eyebeam's Call For Stunt
Egypt Swings Into Vegas For Distributed Creativity
Timothy Druckrey Attacks Seat Of Discontent
Pope Arrested For Distributed Creativity
Japan's Mt Fuji Recalls Big Boost For Distributed Creativity
Publisher Lyle Stuart Hits Party Insiders For Distributed Creativity
Hotel Orgy By Japanese May Be Ahead For Distributed Creativity
Guinea Bissau Ridicules Eyebeam's Call For Distributed Creativity
Timothy Druckrey Echoes Thatcher As He Pledges To Serve For Distributed
Creativity
Timothy Druckrey Hopes Championship Curse Lifts
Italy Ridicules Eyebeam's Call For Distributed Creativity
Cambodia Opposition Ridiculing Eyebeam's Call For Distributed Creativity
Timothy Druckrey Blamed For Chaos At Moscow Talks
Timothy Druckrey Mobilises Fresh Troops In India
US Agent Ridicule Eyebeam's Call For Distributed Creativity
Source Unclear For Distributed Creativity
Bodyguards Arrested For Distributed Creativity
Assailants Ridicule Eyebeam's Call For Their Clark Support
Timothy Druckrey Approaches Nova Scotia

Best Wishes,
Daniel Young

P.S. I tolerate nettime in my mailbox because I can't figure it out. And
once in a while it has something that makes sense. Since when is creativity
distributable - or even desirable in the individual, undistributed case?
Don't be fooled by the contemporary fascination with "creativity." It's a
dangerous, destructive force, rarely producing anything good. Far better to
cultivate harmonious work, sing old songs and watch the sun set from a quiet
vantage point. For most people the creation of one or two things in a
lifetime should be sufficient - and that includes creation by means of
sexual reproduction.