Lorenzo Taiuti on Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:07:34 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> your question (ARS ELECTRONICA etc...)

Hi

I was expecting someone to start a discussion or defining analisis about
Ars Electronica.

I found Cramer talk at AE interesting.

On the other side Manovich's ideas on languages (actually he does quote
Baudrillard & Benjamin) are representative about a particular focus on new
media.

Things he says have been said frequently on the "visual side" of the new
media. I wonder if the problem arising now it is not only the level of the
works in AE. But rather the broadening of divisions between fields that
were together for a long time. Like activism and visual arts, comunication
and hackerism etc... It happened before in the seventies (video and art &
activism & comunication etc...) and maybe it's happening again. It may not
be bad and it could bring a new focus on what are directions in different
fields.

Ciao

Lorenzo Taiuti