nettime's word police on Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:22:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Aveda - Trademark on "Indigenous"

-----Original Message-----
From: ------x-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 1:21 AM
Subject: Aveda - Trademark on "Indigenous"
To: -----x------

Good morning colleagues,

<...>

I came across something that I found quite disturbing and I am hoping
that you may be able to assist me.

It appears that Aveda Corporation has registered a trademark for the
term "Indigenous" in a number of jurisdictions including U.S., Canada,
Australia, NZ and Japan.  I am hoping that one of you might be able to
provide me with an opinion on whether the trademark registrations below
may be  in contravention of any international or domestic trademark
laws.

Please follow the following links:

http://www.aveda.com/protect/we/indigenous.asp

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/SSG/1028/trdp102896100e.html