nettime's travel agency on Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:21:07 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> make world digest [x2]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Linz, Austria
     Christian Jeitler <chris@quintessenz.org>

   Re: <nettime> make world digest [x5]
     Are Flagan <areflagan@transcodex.net>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:23:09 +0200
From: Christian Jeitler <chris@quintessenz.org>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Linz, Austria

Hey Rafael!

> this autumn i'm planning a trip to Linz, Austria. Does anybody have
> contacts to  new media artists or institutions in that area? Is there any
> political/media activist scene?

Yes of course there is one.

Next to the Ars Electronica Center http://www.aec.at there is
http://servus.at, an alternative culturall Internet Provider.

You can meet them in Stadtwerkstatt a very relaxed bar 150m from the AEC in
the first floor. They also do Radio and other things there.

If you want direct contact via Email Adresses to them, just do PM.

1 1/2 hours by train in Vienna you can find a lot of interesting .org's:

http://www.quintessenz.org, not new media, but privacy activists by nature
(PNR, ETSI, Enfopol, RFID, ....)
http://www.cngw.org, .at's chaos club, fun with electronic devices
http://www.vibe.at, internet activists, campaigns for free use of the net