Craig Bellamy on Sat, 19 Jul 2003 18:15:41 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> on-line digital video thesis

Dear Nettime,

I would like to happily inform you that the on-line thesis 'Milkbar.com.au:
Globalisation and the Everyday City' www.milkbar.com.au has been passed
(subject to amendments) and awarded the PhD qualification.

This type of research is still reasonably rare in the humanities in
Australia (as an individual post-graduate student) and when I started this
endeavour in 1998 there were very few models to use as templates. So in
many ways it may be seen in the light of experimental practice.

In reflection, the most pressing issue that the work addresses is the
concept of on-line knowledge representation in the humanities through
interactive digital video. I haven't really attempted to advance
established research methodologies in this work, but have attempted to
pursue avenues of enquiry that are generated by exploring the possibilities
of the technologies themselves.

Many thanks to Adrian Miles my supervisor for providing the use of some of
his own research at the University of Bergen and many thanks to the Nettime
network; the most excellent of lists.

best,

(Dr) Craig Bellamy
www.milkbar.com.au